Live Linchpin Interview With Seth Godin

by Bob Poole on January 26, 2010

“Linchpin – Are You Indispensable,” was released to the public this morning. I had the pleasure of reading an advance copy and interviewing Seth this morning. The interview is about 16 minutes long and you can listen to it by using the embedded player below. We’ll also have a transcribed copy to read but that will take a little bit longer.

Here is the interview:

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Joann January 26, 2010 at 11:46 am

Wow, great interview! The books sounds great! I am ordering it today and will pass it along to all management to read.
Thank you!

Bob Poole January 26, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed. I think you’ll really enjoy the book.
Bob

Kathy January 26, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Great interview! There’s a lot of wisdom in the room when Bob and Seth are together. I think they’re on to something big with Linchpin.

Bob Poole January 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm

@Kathy – it is a great book. Seth says he has been writing it for ten years. It will change people’s lives! Thank you.

Tom Bentley January 26, 2010 at 5:18 pm

And here I thought the sole purpose of the Internet WAS to deliver Paris Hilton videos—you do learn something every day, don’t you?
Bob, nice work in covering the range of Seth’s ideas, through Linchpin and otherwise. Good stuff.
I’m only halfway through the book, so I’m only half-awake (but it’s feeling good).
thanks, Tom

Gary January 26, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Thank you for capturing a great interview with such a superb game changer – Seth Godin. Your interview went quite well, as did the Mr. Godin’s technique of clearly articulating a message that has the ability to radically change people’s lives.
His words touched me in particular, because I have been working to change people’s lives with the use of electric bicycles. I like how he called this activity that of an artist…interesting concept.
I’m going to buy the book from your link, and probably listen to your excellent audio another couple of times.
For those interested in how to positively affect themselves and others through the use of electric bikes please visit my blog at http://velorep.com/velochef

John W. Furst January 27, 2010 at 3:29 am

Bob,
What a terrific interview. And I am certainly glad that you have gone the extra mile and provided a transcript on the next blog posts.
Terrific.
Thanks.
P.S.: I’ll add this to my Squidoo Lense.

Bob Poole January 27, 2010 at 8:02 am

@Tom I know. I’m sure Seth shocked a lot of people with his Paris pronouncement. Thanks for reading and checking in!
@Gary Great job on the electric bike. It looks intriguing and the industry has been getting great press lately. Thank you for your kind words. Enjoy the interview and the book.
@John Thank you very much. Please do add it to your Squidoo lens. See you on Triiibes.

www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=524544799 March 27, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Bob
I think that Linchpin is amazing in that is is the book of the power on NOW.
Seth is right about not being able to give people directions on how to be creative.
The first time I came across Seth on line…I did not understand why there was no intro into who he is!
Then, in a flash, I realised that he needed no introduction and I was not keeping up!
Then he advertised a Alt MBA and I entered…was an amazing time of dreams and hope.
I was one of the many that were not accepted…
He wrote a beautiful letter of refusal to the candidates not accepted.
The gist was that we actually did not need him and that we all had our own calling.
Proved to be right…
I was in the midst of putting up a start-up at the time that has failed…
Yet I feel that it was a huge learning curve and I am finding my way to make it work!
Not sure how…yet I have been invited to take part in a conference of Innovation at Ben Gurion University….for speaking out my truth.
Wonder what the next step will be?