Last week, I met with people at 6 companies who told me how well things are going in their businesses. Some of them are start-ups, one 5 years old and the rest have been in business at least 10 years. They are all very busy and making money. The only common problem I heard voiced is they are too busy and want to dial back the chaos a little bit.
- They know how to tell a prospect why they should do business with them versus all the other competition including doing nothing.
- They give exceptional customer service and have exceptional products and services.
- They follow-up with customers proactively to make sure expectations weren't met. They all want to exceed the customers expectations and they work to make that happen.
- The communicate with prospects and customers all the time using all types of media. All of them are using things like Skype video,
- To a person they follow my advice of sending out cards, letters, and pictures just to say hello, thanks, happy day, etc.
- They consistently blog and they engage their readers by asking them what they want to read.
- They make it point to talk about customers and other people on social networks at least 6 times more than they talk about themselves.