If you saw the film, A Few Good Men back in the early nineties you’ll definitely remembe r Jack Nicholson as Col. Nathan R. Jessep saying those words to Lt. JG Daniel Kaffee, played by Tom Cruise. It was the turning point in the movie.
How about you?
- When is the last time you asked your clients to tell you – no holds barred – how they really feel about your products and services?
- When you screw up an order how often do you personally ask the customer
what you can do to make them happy?
- How often do you hide behind voice and email instead of talking directly to your customers?
- How often do you ask your boss how you’re doing and I’m not talking about the almost totally useless annual reviews?
- When is the last time you asked your employees what they’d do differently to make the company better if they were in your shoes?
- How many days, weeks, and months go by without you listening – really listening – to the people who care about you and your company?
Do you have the courage to handle the truth?